Hi. I run Windows XP Proffesional SP3, and I am attempting to follow instructions to install a video driver. The instructions come from the Sony website and are these:
1. Download the video driver ( VCD_Nvd_4690.zip ) and save it to a download directory
2. Right-click the Zip file and select Extract All
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to extract the Zip file to a directory (please note this folder for reference)
4. Close all running programs.
5. Open C:\Drivers and rename or delete the "Video" folder
6. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click the "Add or Remove Programs" icon
7. Select "NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers" and click "Change/Remove"
8. Click Yes, and then Click OK to restart the computer
9. After computer restarts, a Found New Hardware Wizard appears automatically.
However from step 5 onwards none of it is possible. The Drivers/Video/NVidia folder is not there, Nvidia doesnt show up under add or remove programs, and I never have a Found New Hardware Wizard appear. I have checked in device manager and no Video/Display Adapters show under it.